Risk Management Service
We provide an optional risk management service to all of our clients, including advice on premises protection, employer’s liability, driver risk management as well as health and safety.
W Denis Insurance Brokers Plc provides assistance in all areas of risk management - here are a few examples:
- Premises protection: Recommendations and advice about fire prevention and security.
- Business continuity planning: We provide support to aid your business continuity planning requirements. A good BCP is based around the following key aspects:
- Analysis of the impact
- Design a mitigation strategy
- Review and rehearsal
- Motor fleet risk management: Driver risk management creates cost savings and benefits to companies irrespective of whether they operate a fleet of HGVs, a support service using light vans or a professional business with company cars.
- Employer's liability - claims defensibility: A basic system involves getting the formal and robust health & safety systems in place. For those businesses suffering from a significant frequency of employer's liability claims, we can introduce additional risk management measures. This includes a survey carried out by a firm of lawyers who can provide additional assistance to build up your legal defences, and provide advice and recommendations to mitigate the throughput of attritional claims.
W Denis can also arrange health and safety services to suit the needs of different corporate businesses. Compliance with health and safety legislation is fraught with danger and difficulty. Our system of managing this ensures legal compliance and gives total support. In return for a fixed annual or three-year fee, we can offer certainty of cost, peace of mind and a professional service including everything below:
- Unlimited advice and assistance: From the moment that you become a client you will have unlimited telephone advice for health and safety issues. Our team will work closely with you, advising you in respect of health and safety issues as and when they arise. We guarantee a service that is fast, practical and accurate.
- Risk assessment audit: One of our experienced health and safety consultants (Chartered H&S practitioner) will visit you at your premises and discuss your business requirements in detail. We will complete a general risk assessment audit and a thorough review of your existing management system and procedures.
- Confidential visit report: Following completion of your general risk assessment audit, we will send you a confidential written report to confirm the outcome of the assessment and advise on the way forward.
- Health & safety system: Following completion of your general risk assessment audit, our team will prepare and complete your policy and system. Your health & safety system will include: your company policy statement, organisation duties/obligations, monitoring procedures needed to implement the policy, an accident book and stationery masters.
- Installation and training: We will spend up to half a day with you, introducing you to those systems and procedures set out in your system, giving you and your colleagues training in respect of key issues.
- Appoint a competent representative: One of the requirements of health and safety legislation is that you appoint a competent person. This person must ensure that you can meet the necessary safety obligations. We can help you meet these obligations as our risk manager can act as one of your competent persons.
- Annual review audit: After 12 months (and annually thereafter) your designated consultant will visit you again at your premises in order to complete a formal annual review audit. The annual review audit will include: a review of the compliance with procedures, ensuring documented procedures have been kept up to date, checking statutory records, an audit of the workplace, and the inclusion of any significant changes in legally required documentation.
- Annual review audit report: On completion of the annual review audit, you will receive a fully detailed written audit report confirming the discussion and findings. You will also receive any updated documentation that you need.